The Health, Safety & Wellness award is given to a retailer who demonstrates a successfully implemented new program or an improvement in an existing program to promote, support and enhance a healthy and safe workplace environment. The program could involve new training initiatives, protective gear or clothing measures, emergency procedures, working procedures, or violence and harassment in the workplace protocols. Whether the program was developed by staff or in conjunction with an external association or community partner, the initiative must yield significant results in identifying concerns, implementing recommendations, performing safety audits, reducing injury and illness, violence and harassment and showing leadership to the organization as a whole. It must also complement the retailer's overall resources by increasing awareness to employees and customers through staff education and training and by improving operational procedures.
Content Requirements for Case Study:
Introduction (100 Words)Please include the following in your response:
- Name of retailer
- Name of the health, safety & wellness initiative
- Name of the external association or community partner included in this project (if applicable)
- Summary of the Health, Safety & Wellness initiative
Needs and Objectives (300-500 Words) - 20%Please include the following in your response:
- The need to improve your operations current program
- The stakeholders involved
- The objectives or purpose of the initiative
Program Details & Results (600-1000 Words) - 70%Please include the following in your response:
- Demonstrate a successfully implemented health, safety and wellness program or an improvement in an existing program in order to promote, support and enhance a healthy and safe workplace environment. Explain how this was evaluated and explain the results of implementation.
- Demonstrate how the initiative yielded significant results in identifying concerns, implementing recommendations, performing safety audits, reducing injury, illness and dangerous situations, showing leadership to the organization as a whole
- Explain the collaboration of both internal and external stakeholders. Describe the impact the initiative had on all stakeholders (e.g. internal team collaboration, improved supplier relations).
- Outline the resources, budget and timelines assigned to the initiative. Explain how these resources were effectively used, budget targets were maintained and timelines achieved.
- Describe how the initiative was to be evaluated and if the plan met the assessed needs, if all components were delivered and if the overall objectives were achieved.
- Discuss the success of the initiative including applicable measurements.
- Describe how this initiative is innovative from previous efforts.
- Elaborate on any other elements that you would like to highlight about the initiative
Supporting Evidence: Judged- 10%
Please provide any pertinent visuals such as H&S posters, posted policies, health and safety board, pictures of first aid area, etc.
Formatting Requirements for Case Study:
- Title Page (Must include Award Category, Name of Company and Title of Submission)
- Table of Contents
- Content Pages
- Needs and Objectives
- Program Details & Results
- Appendices (if applicable) and Supporting Evidence with description