The Retail Marketing Award recognizes outstanding marketing strategies and campaigns that help retailers grow their business. Successful submissions will detail an executable strategy, and from this strategy demonstrate a campaign that used innovative ideas and creative approaches that produced clear and trackable success. Submissions will show how the strategy and / or campaign helped the retailer find new customers, enhance loyalty with existing customer, expanded brand awareness, change brand perceptions, or a combination of each through impactful creative that delivered against desired goals.
Case Study Requirements:
Please include the following in your response:
- Objective evidence of both the strategy and campaign’s executional success must be demonstrated. Acceptable measures include but are not limited to: increased sales and/or store traffic, customer brand awareness, shopper loyalty, consumer engagement, conversion, improved ROI.
- Campaigns can be integrated and executed through any communication vehicle or tactic (eg social media, advertising, sales promotion, flyers, catalogues, website, packaging, public relations, direct marketing, digital marketing etc).
- Submission must also identify the key insight or variable that has distinguished the success behind this retail marketing strategy and campaign.
Formatting Requirements for Case Study:
- Title Page (Must include Award Category, Name of Company and Title of Submission)
- Table of Contents
- Basic Information
- Executive Summary
- Needs and Objectives
- Program Details & Results
- Supporting Creative
- Appendices (if applicable) and Supporting Evidence with description
Content Details to include in Case Study:
- Name of retailer
- Name of the campaign
- Name of design/advertising/marketing agency (if applicable)
- Start date of campaign
- Base period of comparison
Executive Summary of Strategy and Campaign Tactics (100 Words)
- Summary of submission details
Needs and Objectives (300-500 Words) - 20%
- Situational analysis
- Consumer, market, brand opportunity to leverage
- Business and brand campaign objectives
Program Details & Results (600-1000 words) - 70%
- Target group identified for campaign’s focus;
- Strategies developed to meet brand and business objectives;
- Executional vehicles and tactics considered and used to drive success;
- Resources, budget and timelines assigned to the initiative. (e.g., explain how resources were used, budgets allocated and timelines achieved);
- Collaboration strategies with both internal and external stakeholders and key learnings for retail marketers. Describe how the initiative required stakeholders to work together – possibly in different ways - to achieve results (e.g. internal team began working together at an earlier stage, suppliers provided more input etc.);
- How campaign added to the retailer’s overall retail brand and complemented the established goals and objectives of the company;
- Evidence of the campaign delivered on its objectives (e.g. measurable results - increased sales and/or store traffic, customer brand awareness, shopper loyalty, consumer engagement, conversion, improved ROI etc.);
- The key insight or variable that distinguished the success behind this retail marketing strategy and campaign;
- Any other elements you would like to highlight about the strategy and campaign
Supporting Creative: Judged - 10%
- Provide creative examples of the campaign including a description and visuals.