The In-Store Experience & Design Award recognizes a retailer that demonstrates an innovative, original and visually enticing in-store experience & design layout. Whether it is a new store with a new design/layout concept, an existing store that has been completely renovated or the implementation of new technologies and tactics that add new value to the in-store shopping experience, the impact on the success of the retailer must be demonstrated. The in-store experience & design could include development of the exterior of the store (including store front materials, windows, doors, signage etc.) and/or the interior of the store (including flooring, walls, ceilings, lighting, fixtures, equipment, displays, programming etc.) or improved layout design and traffic flow. The new experience & design should incorporate store branding and target market needs into the design/layout. It should also show that the optimum shopping experience for its customers has been achieved by the in-store experience & design.
Content Requirements for Case Study:
Introduction (100 Words)Please include the following in your response:
- Name of retailer
- Name & location of in-store experience & design
- Name of interior designer/architect/partner/supplier (if applicable)
- Summary of in-store experience & design initiative
Needs and Objectives (300-500 Words) - 20%Please include the following in your response:
- Discuss the needs of the initiative
- A complete description of the initiative’s target market
- Describe the objectives of the initiative
Program Details & Results (600-1000 Words) - 70%Please include the following in your response:
- Outline the creative execution of the new store experience & design from concept to completion
- Demonstrate that the initiatives deployed were innovative, visually enticing and engaged consumers. Explain how they improved the customer experience and impacted the retailer.
- Describe how the store brand, traffic flow, target market needs, etc. were incorporated into the experience & design and they ultimately aided in achieving the initiatives goals.
- Describe the material or elements used in each component of the design and how the design was consistent with overall brand image.
- Explain the collaboration of both internal and external stakeholders. Describe the impact the initiative had on all stakeholders (e.g. internal team collaboration, improved supplier relations).
- Outline the resources, budget and timelines assigned to the initiative. Explain how these resources were effectively used, budget targets maintained and timelines achieved.
- Describe how the initiative was to be evaluated and if the plan met the assessed needs, if all components were delivered and if the overall objectives were achieved.
- Elaborate on any other elements that you would like to highlight about the initiative
Supporting Evidence: Judged- 10%
Provide creative examples including visuals and descriptions.
Formatting Requirements for Case Study:
- Title Page (Must include Award Category, Name of Company and Title of Submission)
- Table of Contents
- Content Pages
- Needs and Objectives
- Program Details & Results
- Appendices (if applicable) and Supporting Evidence with description